The purpose of this statement is to inform users of this website what information is collected about them when they visit this site, how this information is used and if it is disclosed.
Web Log Files
In common with most websites, Forme Institute’s website automatically logs certain information about every request sent to it. This information is used for system administration and for producing usage statistics. Summary statistics are extracted from this data and some of these may be made publicly available, but these do not include information from which individuals could be identified. Relevant subsets of this data may be used as part of investigations of computer misuse involving this site. Data may also on occasion be used to enable investigation of technical problems on the website. Otherwise logged information is not passed to any third party except if required by law.
We Respect Your Privacy
- We respect your right to privacy and we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors in accordance with all applicable privacy laws. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information. By providing us with personal information, you consent to the terms of this policy and the types of disclosure covered by this policy. If you do not agree with such terms or you have any questions about our handling of your personal information, please contact us by phone or email to discuss.
- “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you. Our veterinarians, veterinary support and other staff, from time to time, also create and maintain records relating to the animals under their care, in accordance with their legal and professional obligations, which may incorporate or refer to personal information. You might also need to provide us with personal information about other individuals (e.g. your authorised representatives). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and to advise them about this policy.
Purpose of the collection of personal information
- We collect personal information for the purposes of providing veterinary services to your pet. These purposes also include communication with you about upcoming appointments, health checks, vaccination schedoles and other veterinary related matters, such as responding to your questions and providing you with information or advice about your pet, or for administration of billing, debt recovery, complaint management, quality assurance, service improvement and/or product development, and training.
- The information we collect from you may include your name, phone number, address and email address, to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order, your pet ownership details and if applicable, insurance details for the treatment of your pet. We may collect additional information at other times, including when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our staff.
- We may also collect other information as required under applicable veterinary surgeons legislation.
- If you are a candidate for employment, we may collect information including information relating to your employment history, work eligibility rights and referee details, for the purposes of considering your application for employment.
From time to time we will use electronic forms on this site to gather personal information for purposes directly related to a service, function or activity of Forme Institute. When we do so we will let you know the purpose for which the information is being collected (including if the information is to be published). Completion of and submission of any form on this website is entirely at the discretion of you, the website user.
Data Protection Statement
In using and submitting forms on this website you agree that Forme Institute may use any personal data of yours that you supply through the forms. Forme Institute respects your privacy and seeks to protect your personal data. Forme Institute will only collect and use your information to administer, support, improve and obtain feedback on its service. Forme Institute may also use this information to assess what services may be of interest to you and to personalise our service and marketing. Forme Institute may also contact you to obtain feedback on services and any improvements we can make to them. You have the right to ask us at any time not to contact you by way of direct marketing Forme Institute will not disclose your personal data to any other organisations without your permission.
Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
Burwood Vet follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Burwood Vet uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Note that Burwood Vet has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Burwood Vet does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.